Delaware Top Blogs

Thursday, December 11, 2014

IRS funding cut

I wish I could believe that this cut in funding would affect the higher-ups in the IRS, especially those who tromp on the faces of ordinary people.  But my experience of local and state government leads me to be cynical.

When my husband worked for the New York State Education Department, there was a big austerity campaign--draconian cuts were going to be made.  People feared for their jobs. In the event, they cut out two positions--for part-time charwomen.

Everyone who worked there knew there were high level employees who never did a lick of work.  Their jobs were spared, and they continued to do nothing--with annual cost-of-living raises-- until they retired on comfortable pensions.  By the way, they contributed nothing toward funding their pensions.  These were 100 percent funded by the State.  Nice work if you can get it.

No wonder everyone wants a civil service job.

I'd like to put in a word of recommendation for the novels of Gerald Petievich which deal with the Secret Service, but only incidentally with lazy and free-loading employees.

3 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

Indeed, doesn't every intelligent child grow up wanting to be a fed?

Dick Stanley said...

Speaking of writers who rap the system, try Russian Victor Pelevin's "Omon Ra."

Anonymous said...

Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found a sea shell and gave it to
my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear."
She placed the shell to her ear and screamed.

There was a hermit crab inside and it pinched her ear.
She never wants to go back! LoL I know this is totally off topic but
I had to tell someone!