Delaware Top Blogs

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Hocking a chinek

The Democrats like to choose some meaningless phrase and run with it; right now it's racism of those who disapprove of Obama's actions. I remember when it was "No war for oil." Well, we had the war--where's the oil?
These mantras are meaningless; they are never expanded upon or explicated. This is what bubbe called "hocking a chinek," which I discovered after arduous research, means, beating on a teakettle--preferably an empty one, I suppose, or tea would get all over everything.

2 comments:

Dick Stanley said...

Beating a teakettle. How appropriate. You can see we're doomed.

SnoopyTheGoon said...

Heh, that "chinek" made me laugh out loud. Yet it is a good phonetic likeness, upon second though.

Chainik - a Russian word for a teakettle. Got to Yiddish somehow, still fairly popular here with my generation.